Facts About Arthritis
- More than 50 million Americans have arthritis, that’s one of every four adults
- 2/3 of those with arthritis are under the age of 60
- An estimated 300,000 children struggles with arthritis or another rheumatic condition
- 1 in 3 U.S. military service members and veterans have arthritis
- Arthritis is the number one cause of disability in the U.S.
- There are more than 100 types of arthritis attacking joints and surrounding tissues, causing pain, swelling, stiffness, decreased range of motion and diminished quality of life
- 1/3 of those with arthritis have anxiety and depression
- Nearly 1 in 4 adults with arthritis have heart disease
- The cost directly attributed to arthritis treatment in the U.S. is upwards of $116 billion today and growing
- 172 million work days are lost due to arthritis
- In a single year in the U.S., arthritis results in more than 100 million outpatient visits, 6.7 million hospitalizations, and 1.3 million hip and knee replacements
Arthritis is all around us and here at St. Matthews Animal Clinic, we are joining the fight! We invite you to join our team and run or walk with us or simply donate to help us change lives.